Jalapeno Lime Margaritas are sweet, spicy and tart – just what you’re looking for in a drink! Tequila, homemade jalapeno simple syrup and fresh lime juice are the stars in this cocktail.
I completly heart margaritas, ask anyone! Is it sad that everyone knows that? I choose to think no. And these are my favorite margaritas so far. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not against a margarita mix in a pinch, or a Budweiser Lime-A-Rita for that matter, but making your own mix is a game changer. The addition of the jalapeno simple syrup and fresh lime juice give the classic margarita flavor a real kick. The jalapeno flavor doesn’t slap you in the face, it’s more a lingering heat in the back of your throat. In a good way!
Jalapeno Lime Margaritas can be yours with just four easy ingredients! Good tequila and orange liqueur, jalapeno simple syrup and lime juice are all you need. Margarita or kosher salt is also a good idea for the rim if you’re a salty kind of person!
Get out your citrus juice squeezer! You’ll need a cup of fresh lime juice to make a pitcher of margaritas. Depending on the size, you’ll need 8 to 10 limes to get a cup of juice. Once you have all the limes cut in half, this will go quickly.
Making the jalapeno simple syrup in a breeze too. You’ll simmer water, sugar and 2 or 3 split fresh jalapenos for a few minutes, then strain and pour into a jar for cooling.
If you make the lime juice and the jalapeno simple syrup the day before, you can have the pitcher of margaritas ready in a snap! You want them both to be nice and cold too. The jalapeno simple syrup can actually be made a few days, or even weeks ahead of time. It lasts in the refrigerator for up to a month.
Once you have your ingredients ready, take out a festive pitcher or large jar and measure your tequila, orange liqueur, jalapeno simple syrup and lime juice right into it. Keep the pitcher in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve the drinks, then pour over ice, say cheers and take a sip!
Spicy margaritas have a lingering slow burn that is a subtle and addicting. This drink still tastes like a margarita, but with something special added. I like my margaritas pretty limey, so feel free to scale back on the lime juice if you don’t.
Make a pitcher of Jalapeno Lime Margaritas to share with your friends today! There’s no time like the present to celebrate all the blessings in your life.
- 2 cups of your favorite tequila
- 1 cup of freshly squeezed lime juice (if you don't like super limey drinks, use ½ cup)
- ½ cup of jalapeno simple syrup
- ½ cup of orange liqueur, I used Patron Citronge
- margarita or Kosher salt
- lime slices
- jalapeno slices
- Mix tequila, lime juice, jalapeno simple syrup and orange liqueur in a pitcher or large mason jar, store in the refrigerator if you aren't drinking them right away or are making them ahead of time.
- If you want a salted rim, use a slice of lime to moisten the rim of your margarita glass, then tip the glass over into a small plate of the salt and salt the rim.
- Add ice to the glass and pour yourself a margarita! Add a few slices of fresh jalapeno if you feel spicy.
2 jiggersof tequila
1 jigger of lime juice
1 jigger of jalapeno simple syrup
1 jigger of orange liquor or triple sec