Smoky Rosemary Cashews are an addicting snack, great for entertaining, and also make a delicious food gift! Smoked paprika, fresh rosemary and roasted cashews combine to make a tasty three ingredient appetizer.
Smoky rosemary cashews are a three ingredient appetizer you can whip up on short notice to impress your guests. The only prep work involved is chopping up the fresh rosemary! I like having a variety of simple, delicious appetizer and snack recipes that I don’t have to think too much about. This recipe is especially simple, toss everything in a bowl, toast in the oven, and you’re done!
Because they’re salty, savory and smoky, they pair really well with a sweeter cocktail like a Raspberry Vodka Chambord Cosmo.
Besides my freebie ingredients of olive oil and salt, there are only three ingredients needed for this recipe. Crunchy roasted cashews, smoky Spanish paprika, and woodsy fresh rosemary. The olive oil will be used to bind everything together, and the kosher salt will be a finishing touch.
I love smoked paprika, I also use it in my Smoky Spice Rub. Smoked paprika is made from pimento peppers that have been dried and smoked over a fire. The flavor is very different from the more common Hungarian paprika, so make sure you have the smoked Spanish style paprika to get that smoky flavor we’re after.
The only prep work needed is to finely chop your fresh rosemary. Pull the long rosemary leaves off the tough stems and then chop using a sharp chef’s knife.
Next toss the ingredients in a mixing bowl and pour onto a baking sheet. Roast the cashews for 20-25 minutes until they are browned and fragrant. They will be softer right out of the oven, but will get crunchy as they cool.
Smoky rosemary cashews are perfect to serve before dinner with drinks, or as a flavorful, protein-rich snack any time! Set out a big bowl the next time you’re watching a movie or a game and watch them disappear.
These cashews are also great paired with Bacon Artichoke Bundles!
- 3 cups roasted cashews, lightly salted
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 - 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine the cashews, rosemary, smoked paprika, ½ teaspoon kosher salt and olive oil in a mixing bowl. Spread out onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until fragrant and browned.
- When the cashews come out of the oven, place in your serving bowl and add the finishing touch of the extra rosemary and salt. Let cool slightly, then serve.
- Keep in a covered container for 2-3 days.
You can also substitute ½ teaspoon (or more) cayenne pepper for the smoked paprika if you want to make spicy rosemary cashews!