You are going to love this Smokey Garlic Spice Rub! The key ingredient in the rub is the smoked paprika. Make sure the jar you buy says “smoked paprika” rather than sweet, or plain paprika. The other warm spices in the rub, cumin, coriander and chili powder blend perfectly with this smokey flavor. This spice rub goes well with all kinds of meats and seafood including chicken, shrimp and pork. It’s also great on roasted potatoes! And even tofu if you’re feeling adventurous.
You can combine the spices in advance and the mix will fit perfectly into a little 4 ounce glass jar. You can store this for yourself, or it also makes a nice homemade gift. You can include the rest of the spice rub ingredients (garlic, a lemon and some nice olive oil) in your gift basket, along with a recipe card for how to use the rub.
If you are going to use it right away for the Cast Iron Chicken with Smokey Spice Rub, just add all your spices in a small bowl and stir to combine and get rid of any lumps. Now add your minced garlic, lemon juice and olive oil and stir to combine again. If you want the rub to be a thinner consistency, just add more olive oil. Rub the spice mixture on your chicken, or whatever you are making, and you are ready to cook!
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced, 3-4 tablespoons
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- Add all spices to a small bowl and blend well with a fork, making sure there are no lumps.
- At this point, you can put the spice mix in a 4 ounce jar for storage or gifting.
- To use the spice rub, add the spices to a small mixing bowl with all of the additional ingredients and mix well.
- Rub onto your chicken, pork, shrimp or potatoes, and then follow the cooking directions for your dish.