Salami Pesto Bruschetta is a simple, three ingredient appetizer wonder. Toasted bakery bread topped with basil pesto and spicy salami is simple to prepare and big on flavor!
When you’re having people over for a game, cocktails, or you just want a light dinner, bruschetta is a great option. Salami pesto bruschetta is so easy to put together, and everyone will love it! Only three ingredients are needed and they marry together perfectly.
I was inspired to make bruschetta at home by one of my favorite local restaurants. They do an amazing job with all sorts of bruschetta, and it got me contemplating “what makes a great topping?” When you’re thinking about how to top your bruschetta toast, think flavorful, but also think simplicity and ease of eating. Since this is a finger food, you don’t want people to drop the ingredients off the top! Salami and pesto are perfect bruschetta toppers for all these reasons.
When there are only three ingredients, you’ll want to make sure they’re top notch. Like hearty bakery bread, deli Genoa salami, and flavorful pesto sauce. If you like to make your own pesto, that would be really good here, but in keeping with the three ingredient appetizer challenge, I’m using a prepared pesto. Premade or homemade, the pesto is bursting with the flavors of basil, garlic and Parmesan. Pesto is delicious with the spicy, meaty Genoa salami. Use whatever kind of salami you like, as long as you get it thinly sliced.
I sliced the bakery loaf into about 1/2 inch slices, then toasted them on a cookie sheet under the broiler. Toast each side, and watch the bread carefully, it will burn quickly if left under the broiler too long.
Once the bread is done, you’ll spread about a tablespoon of the pesto on each piece of warm toast. Next lay 2-3 slices of salami on the pesto, depending on the size of the toast and the salami slices. You want to cover the toast, but don’t want too much salami on the bruschetta. You want to be able to easily bite through the bruschetta and taste all the ingredients equally.
Place the salami pesto bruschetta on a serving board or platter. I like to serve it with olives, nuts or another three ingredient appetizer, like ham and pickle rolls. Or as part of a bruschetta board with apple, brie and honey bruschetta – Dig in!
Disclaimer: any links to products in this post may be affiliate links. This means I would get a small commission if the product was purchased. I only link to products I like and use myself, or are similar to what I use. Thanks for your support!Print
Salami Pesto Bruschetta
Hearty toast topped with basil pesto and spicy salami is simple three ingredient appetizer that’s big on flavor!
- Hearty bakery bread, sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/4 pound deli salami, I used Genoa salami, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup of your favorite pesto sauce, about 1 tablespoon per slice of bread
- Preheat broiler. Place sliced bread on a cookie sheet and place under the broiler for a few minutes until slightly toasted. Turn the bread over and toast on the other side. Watch the bread carefully, it will burn quickly if left under the broiler too long.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon, or to taste, of pesto on each piece of warm toast.
- Lay 2-3 slices of salami on the pesto.
- Using a serrated knife or mezzaluna chopper, cut each piece of bruschetta into three slices. Place on a serving board or platter. Dig in!