A Ginger Peach Grown Up Slushie…… that is what I came up with after running errands on a 114 degree Phoenix day! And boy, was it a good idea. This three ingredient cocktail is icy, sweet, fruity, refreshing and a little spicy from the Infused Ginger Vodka. Making your own infused vodka is really easy, and perfect for adding to all sort of drinks. I also added a shot of Chambord black raspberry liqueur, which goes perfectly with the peach and ginger flavors. Chambord is that delicious French liqueur in the beautiful round bottle. Every bar needs a bottle of it, for looks alone!
Adding ice cubes didn’t seem like a good idea because I didn’t want to water down the flavors in the drink, so I thought, why not make the peach nectar base of the drink my “ice” cubes? I found the cans of fruit juice nectars in the juice aisle of my grocery store. They are a combination of fruit juices, purees and sugar, and they are really inexpensive! Freezing the peach nectar into cubes worked perfectly to create the slushie consistency I was after, and kept the beautiful peachy color too. Just shake the can of nectar and pour into an ice cube tray.
Once the peach cubes are frozen, all you need to do is grab a couple of glasses and a blender. First you’ll pour a shot of the Chambord in the bottom of each glass. Next put your Infused Ginger Vodka and peach cubes in the blender and blend until smooth. Pour over the Chambord and enjoy your Grown Up Slushie!
- 1 can of peach nectar (I used Kern's brand, which is 11.5 oz)
- 4 jiggers of Infused Ginger Vodka
- 2 half jiggers (the smaller cup) of Chambord liqueur (black raspberry liqueur)
- Pour the peach nectar into an ice cube tray and freeze for 3-4 hours (or overnight), until firm.
- When the peach cubes are frozen, you can make your drinks. Pour a shot of the Chambord into each of the lowball glasses.
- Place the peach cubes and the ginger vodka into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour evenly into the two glasses with the Chambord. Enjoy!