This is seriously my favorite way to start the day! Avocado toast is having a moment right now, and for good reason. This deceptively simple dish really delivers on flavor, and it’s good for you too. The avocado transforms on the slightly warm toast into nutty, creamy goodness. Since this is such a simple dish, it is vital to season the avocado with Kosher salt and pepper! That sounded overly dramatic, but it will make a big difference if you skip the S&P here.
Start with your warm toast, spread on a thin layer of mayo, then mash half an avocado on the toast and sprinkle with S&P. The fried egg is perfection on top of the avocado, but is of course optional. That’s it – Let the happy eating begin!
- ½ ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- 1 egg
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 piece of hearty whole grain bread
- Prep your avocado.
- Place the butter in a small frying pan over medium low heat. Once the butter is melted, crack the egg into the pan and sprinkle the top with Kosher salt and pepper. Cover the pan and let the egg cook slowly. You want the egg white fully cooked, and the yolk slightly runny.
- While the egg is cooking, toast your bread, then spread with a thin layer of mayo.
- Place the slices of avocado on top of the mayo, then use a fork to slightly mash the avocado onto the toast.
- Top with the fried egg and dig in! You definitely want to eat this while it's warm.